Friday, January 15, 2016

Das New Hobby

I, as an owner of a brand new camera, have currently been experiencing this weird phenomenon of seeing things that I want to take pictures of at the exact moments when I don't have my fancy new camera on me. That is a basic definition of a  first-world-problem, but one that is still incredibly frustrating. So this morning when I woke up, looked out the window, and saw our apricot tree was completely covered in frost I did what anyone with a new gadget would do. I got my ass out of bed and went to take some goddamned pictures! This was also good news for my dog, who loves it when her people can come outside with her for mini-walks.

I was honestly having so much fun taking shots of this beautiful tree that we're lucky enough to have in our backyard, I decided to just keep going and taking pictures (again to the excitement of my puppy). 

Taking all these pictures and editing some of them made me realize how much I like this new hobby of mine. I definitely like it enough to share some of my results with ya'll, so I'm starting a new series called Photo Fridays. I was gonna call it Photography Fridays, but I'm not so narcissistic as to think this thing that I'm doing is anything more than a cute little hobby. 

And here are the results of said hobby:








I'd like to point out that my puppy (who happens to be 11 years old) is the cutest and most awkward fucking thing ever and ya'll should be jealous!

What hobbies do you wish you could share?
-EB