Thursday, January 7, 2016

The Best Questions You've Never Been Asked


I love people who ask interesting questions. I seriously love them. They keep conversations interesting and lively! That’s what conversations need! There are questions that I tend to get asked a lot, and it’s really no one’s fault for asking them and I appreciate that people are interested in how I’m doing, but I don’t have a lot of patience for monotony and that includes answering the same questions over and over.

Basically everything revolves around how I’m doing in college, what I’m doing in college, and what I want to do after college. Don’t get me wrong, college is one of the big parts of my life right now and it’s an easy way to start a conversation, but I get the feeling that’s the only reason people are asking. It’s easy, but a lot of people aren’t actually interested.

So imagine how awesome it was, as I was browsing through Tumblr, to find a list of 50 questions you never get asked. It was from seriously_idgaf’s page and they’re amazing and fascinating. I picked out a few that I thought were particularly fun to answer!

What religion will you raise your kids?
Honestly, I’m really hoping my kids take after me and are atheists, but I’m gonna go with the “let them decide” approach. If they’re curious about religion, I’m not gonna stop them from figuring out what they believe.

When did you find out Santa wasn’t real?
Interestingly enough, my parents still have yet to have the Santa talk with me. We still write out that some of our presents are from Santa. Honestly I think I had it figured out by the time I was in fifth grade or so.

Can you whistle?
No goddamnit, I can’t. My mom tried to teach me once and it was an incredibly frustrating experience.

What’s the 1st amusement park you went to?
Every year there’s a carnival that comes to Carson City that I would go to whenever I got the chance, but my first actual amusement park was Disneyland! Go big or go home!

Are your grandparents still married?
Over the course of my life I’ve had a grand total of three Grandmas and five Grandpas. Most of them were the result of untimely deaths, but two were because of divorce. I only have 2 Grandmas left now, and I miss the ones that are gone more and more every time I think about them.

What’s the worst grade you got on a test?
Math classes in college have been the bane of my existence. Not only are they harder than in high school, I’m also wayyyyyyy less interested in them when I was in high school. That led to me getting a 62% in one of the tests, by far the worst I’ve ever done.

What was your favorite TV show when you were a kid?
Avatar: The Last Airbender hands down!

How many oceans have you swam in?
4. The Pacific, the Mediterranean, the Aegean, and the Caribbean

Do you know who Kermit the frog is?
What the fuck kind of question is this!? Who doesn’t know who Kermit is?! I seriously want to know this! How does anyone not know who he is!? The idea of people not knowing is kind of freaking me out!

What would you name your daughter?
I honestly have fallen more and more in love with my Grandpa since he died and I’ve been finding out what kind of a person he was so I’ve been thinking about naming my first kid (no matter the gender) Ray. I doubt a daughter would be happy she’d been named after her great grandpa, but it’s a good name and I love him so I guess she’ll just have to deal with it.

How many countries have you been to?
5 outside the US: Canada, Mexico, Italy, France, and Australia. Soon (in about 20 days!) I’ll be adding Turkey to that list.

How old do you think you’ll be when you get married?
It might be the result of having parents who didn’t get married till later in life, but I can’t picture myself marrying someone before I’m 30, even if I met the love of my life tomorrow. I really don’t need to have my relationship acknowledged by the government in order for it to feel final and complete to me. I won’t let myself get pressured; when I feel like doing it, it’ll happen.

I hope ya'll have enjoyed these interesting questions and also you kind of got to know me in the process! Okay, it was definitely the opposite. You got to know me and maybe got some cool questions in the process. 

What's the best questions someone has asked you at a party?
-EB